[ATTACH]Attachment 7142[/ATTACH]I have been reading the Ross threads, with interest. It is vastly under-rated rifle. I just wish it would feed round nose bullets, as they seem to be most accurate in mine. It shoots very well.
Attached are some pictures of the buttstock of my Mark II 3*. The info is there, but not being Canadian, I need some interpretation.
Are the number-over-number stampings indicative of military organizations to which this rifle belonged ?
It did belong to the US Army, like most of the Rosses I have seen in 35 years of collecting. I know the story of those rifles, and what their usage was.
Visible underneath the US Flaming Bomb and US serial number stamped between the pistol grip and trigger guard, there is a small sized number. Was this some sort of marking that Canadaicon put there? It has been overstamped, but it is visible.
The butt is stamped CEF, which is lined out. I hope it is visible in the pictures. Does this mean that this rifle got to Franceicon? I was under the impression that only Mark III s made it there.
Any information would be appreciated.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.