I was curious as to how feasible such a conversion would be on a Lee-Enfield and what would be required for such. If I can find a No.5 that needs most of its parts replaced but has a good receiver I'd like to use it as a basis for a Scout rifle project once the funds become available. I thought about such a conversion because I have heard that FAL mags are compatible in weapons which can accept SLR mags (have no idea how it would apply here) and it would be in keeping with the scout concept since if necessary you could use magazines which can be found all over the world.

The other thing I was curious about is what the feasability would be of modifying a 7.62 LE magazine or a FAL/SLR magazine so that it has a double detente and can be used on both detentes on a Lee-Enfield.

The hardest part of this project though, although unrelated to the magazine one (if it's not feasible a standard 7.62 mag would do), would seem to be finding someone who can make a custom synthetic stock using materials like graphite or kevlar for a Lee-Enfield, especially since I would want it to be fitted with a Clifton hideaway bipod (also hard to find) and have a butt stock like that on the Steyr Scout but capable of holding the appropriate magazine in some way, or simply not having that feature at all. Even production synthetics seem to be hard to find besides the Ramline/ATI ones (I actually haven't found any).
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.