I picked up this Remington 03A3 from an estate. It was found with several other WWII era rifles including a m1903, M1917, a Mauser, and a Airsaka. I took the 03A3 and M1917 because they were the pick of the litter. My buddy took the Mauser and Arisakaicon. Unfortunately, the M1903 was in sorry condition.

All of the parts on this rifle that are marked are marked for Remington, including the barrel that is marked RA 6-43. The serial on the receiver is 3800XXX. The finish is a combination of blued and parkerized parts. All of the metal parts are covered with cosmolineicon, in fact we had to remove a plug of cosmoline from the muzzle to gauge it. It gauged at less than ½ on a CMPicon gauge. The stock is the only part that looks to have any wear. The stock has no cartouche, but is marked with a “P” behind the trigger guard. It came with a nice 1907 sling.

I’m a Garandicon guy so I have only basic knowledge of 03A3s. Can you guys tell me the approximate date of the receiver and whether the barrel appears correct? Does the rest of the rifle appear correct? Lastly, what is a good reference book on the 1903s and 1903A3s? Thanks.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.