Was given a few rounds to compare with the USGI ball, and Winchester soft point. Fired into new, solid, 8 by 16 by 4 inch thick CMU foundation blocks from 25 yards. Cor-Bon penetrated slightly better than half way but did not break the block apart. The recovered spent round showed the typical mushroom with flower pedal design. The GI round penetrated better than half way and caused the block to crack in half but not completly break . The soft nose caused the block to shatter into 5 large pieces. (suprise!!!) The test was far less than scientific because I only had 4 rounds of the Cor-Bon. None of my local ammo dealers stock Cor-Bon .30 Carb. Nor do I have a camera. Based on my few rounds, I was not impressed with the Cor-Bon. What do you say Charlie 77. I still do not recommend using the Carbine on any game animal larger than a Virginia size whitetail but the Cor-Bon will sertainly open up a wound channel better than the 110 grain solid. Happy Birthday America. At the rate we're going it might be the last. Where is TJ and the boys when we need them the most?
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.