Hello everyone.
I found a small but interesting C Broad Arrow stamp on my Chinese Contract Inglis. Can anyone tell me why this stamp is present? To me it means this pistol has seen service with the Cdn Forces at some point.

Is it possible that this Hi Power was captured from the Chinese by Canadians during the Korean conflict and put into Cdn service?

The script on a usual CH marked Inglis translates to "Property of the Chinese Republic" and there are 6 characters involved.

As I understand it, the Chinese script translates to "Public (or) Official gun" but I do not know what that signifies.

Is it possible that this pistol was issued to a member of the Chinese Army? I've seen a few chinese inglis contract pistols that were never shipped and went into Canadianicon service. None of the examples I saw had Chinese script on them. I should never assume but I don't think the Chinese stamps were made in the Inglis factory - my gutt thinks they were stamped in China. Never trust your gutt instinct because its usually wrong right?

Anyone have some clues as to what this Pistol did in its previous life before I got my grubby hands on it? I need Clive's book

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.