I saw this topic here before, but whether it was on the old location or the new location, I don't know. I tried to do searches to find the comments on brands of jackets, but it doesn't come up. I've tried various brands and types of coats by now. I'd like to see what people have in comments about what can be bought, based on their experiences. I've pretty much decided on leather, though. I'm coming from a canvas shooting coat and find that leather seems to have the most similar feel in that it's not rigid, and I appreciate that, but I'd consider opinions against leather. My problem with the cordura coats was that they were rigid in places that I didn't want or need them to be, and I had to work around getting them in place before I brought the gun to my body, something additionall that I don't think I want or need. Maybe they fit someone else's body better. The brands I've tried are:

Champion Shooter's Supply Heavy Cordura
Champion's Choice Leather
Creedmoor Sports Heavy Leather Hardback

Of those, I'd say that I like the Creedmoor and the Champion's Choice about the best.

I'll throw in another name: Monard. A couple of our shooters have a Monard, and the one that I first saw with one says he likes his better than the Creedmoor that he had. He complained about the stitches always coming apart.

Thanks for any help,

Danny
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.