Advisory Panel

Last On
    06-09-2023 @ 04:20 AM
    Local Date
    04-28-2024
    Local Time
    05:17 AM

7.35 Carcano Commentary:

I must say there's no 7,35 rifles in the stable yet, so I'm certainly no "expert"!

Have shot one and was really impressed by the good accuracy and lack of recoil! No hunting results from the crew yet...the 6.5sp Carcano loads work well though.

All of my boxed military Italianicon ammo IS 7.35 for some strange reason. Couple of variants in marking. All 1939 vintage.

Whilst looking for a box of 6.5 Carcano, I noticed that the bullets of the 7,35 rounds are all thinly coated w/ wax, thickest at the bullet tips. Cases are NOT waxed. I'm curious if anyone else has noticed, and knows the story.

IMO if the case was shorter this would have to be classified as the first "assault" rifle round! Light bullet, moderate velocity, effective to 3-400m. Just no appropriate platform from which to launch them in mass quantities.

Rumor has it that Hornady will incorporate the caliber in their next edition. Already there are components to be had. A friend loaded some last year using the 2002 Emary article. It seemed to work best w/ not quite max loads, but he didn't record the results so a new wheel will have to be invented!

Feel free to comment on this interesting round! (Just don't go lowest common denominator, please.) I will say my exposure to the internet is minimal, so reference stuff to look up, too!
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.
    Last edited by jmoore; 09-04-2009 at 07:41 PM. Reason: comma