I have some questions concerning the sighting in process of a DCM Ar15 I purchased yesterday. It's a Bushmaster and comes with an instruction sheet for sighting separate from the standard operations manual.

The manual calls for a 25 yard zero and gives thorough instructions. The DCM instruction sheet calls for a "good 100 yard zero and set the elevation drum to the 8/3 or 6/3 setting".

My biggest question is; do I follow the manual and zero at 25 and then zero at 100? Or do I go right to 100 and zero?

What about the front post? The manual says move the front post while zeroing at 25. The DCM instruction sheet doesn't mention the movement of the front post. Do I follow the "manual" instructions when it comes to raising elevation with the front post while zeroing at 100?

Another question, the manual says the front post moves the shot group up 3/8 in. at 25 meters per click but then the DCM instruction sheet says the front post has to moved in "complete revolutions" because only one side is designed to be facing the shooter. So that means you can only move the front post up and down in larger increments, instead of 3/8 at a time at 25 meters, you have to go 1 1/2 at a time because you have to move the front post one entire rotation up or down; doesn't that make for less precise zeroing?

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Also, this is my second civilian AR and I used one in the military as well, so I know the basics, just a little unsure with the DCM version. I decided to make the transition because I was tired of getting beat up by an M1icon at the High Power competitions! I think accuracy might have had a little to do with it as well!
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.