Almost 2 1/2 years ago, I had an opportunity to pick up a NIB Auto Ordnance WW2 style M1icon Carbine cheap. I got it and was not impressed. It took three tries to get a stock set for it that actually fit. I tried a GI stock, but the AO did not fit. The action was rough, fit and finish terrible (especially stock and recoil lug) and it would not feed even from a 15 rounder reliable (not even shooting, just cycling the action) I dumped it on a re-enactor, then picked up a USGI.

I was looking at the M1Carbinesinc.com web site. I knew that Auto Ordnance used castings receiver, slide, trigger housing, etc) and some stuff was not GI spec. I did try a GI type V housing on it to see if that would let it fit in a GI stock, but it didn't fit the upper. I had no idea how **** poor they were. How dumb not to even let the parts interchange with USGI. At least IMI did.

Here's the link. Makes me feel guilty I sold it to the re-enactor, but at least I saved a GI from a screw in muzzle blank adapter.
Auto-Ordnance
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.