I ran across a fold out poster (24" x 18" from "News Map, Southwest Pacific" Vol 2, No 5, dated 4 August 1944. One side shows a picture of a determined looking man armed with a Garandicon against a background picture of amphibious landings in the Pacific. The theme of the poster is the "Infantry", the "Arm of Close Combat" which all other branches, Air Force, Armor & Artillery, support.

The reverse is a series of small articles: "New US Drive in Normandy"; "Sovieticon Artillery Pounds Warsaw"; "Allies Continue Italyicon Advance"; "Marianas Invasion Proceeds Steadily" and the headliner, "Monokwari Bypassed - New Landings Isolate Jap Garrison".

The paper is incredibly brittle and several chunks broke off before I got it home. I taped the pieces back together & had it laminated to stabilize it. I know it is the wrong way to 'conserve' something like this but that's what I did. It will go in a frame on the wall.

Anyone see any inconsistencies with the picture? I'll allow I see at least two things that look odd to me.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.