Hello guys,

since last spring i'm the proud owner of 2 SMLE and 2 NO4 MK1, I have been taking them to the field on a regular base ever since.

I started with brand new ammo (winchester) to get somes brass casings last year and I been reloading for several months ever since. I'm using a simple Lee Loader for the reloading, so each bullet I make should be fired only in the particular rifle that fired it in the first place (i marked the brasses with a black marker so its easy to tell them appart).

Here's what i'M using for my reloading right now:

WInchester casings
CCI primers
Sierra 180gr Spitzer .311 bullets
Hudgdon H4350

I choose the powder according to the lil chart that came with the lee loader and I'm using the lil spoon that came with it too.

Now I'm considering trying something else since those bullets are rather expensive and there a few other available at the store nearby, but they're not too good with advices so i'm asking for your help. Of course I know that i'll need a scale for the powder, that's already purchased

for the bullets, they have :

Hornady 3130 wich are 174gr, round nose, but .312 in dia (since the Sierras i'm using are .311 is it safe tu use those .312?) 32$

Speer 125gr. spitzer with cann (2213) .311 38$
Speer 180 gr. Round nose (2223) .311 39$

for the powder thay have HODGDON and IMR

What would you recommend for shotting at the range ?

any help would be greatly appreciated

sincerely

JP
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.