Howdy,
I wanted to say thanks for everybody posting so much information on this site. It has been a pleasure reading and learning.

I have recently, after being a big big, huge fan of the M1icon Garand, purchased a M1 Garand, I actually really lucked out on the purchase. I ended up buying a Springfield M1 Garand from a friend's father that had the rifle for years, it's a 60X,XXX serial number and in very nice condition. It was all in pieces when I bough it but all put back together now, all pieces were in ziplock bags.

Have shot it few times, and it shoots like a dream for sure !!! Love the sound of the clip ejecting at the end of the last round, that's my favorite sound, haha.

Well I guess get to the question I have, the rifle production date lands in May of 1942 based on the serial of 60X,XXX. I have started looking at getting a original bayonet for it, I think it really completes the rifle, BUT being that the rifle being manufactured in 1942, in the middle of all the fiasco with all the bayonets, I am at a loss on which bayonet to look for and get for it, to kind of make it a complete rifle.

From the 3 choices bellow what would be the most logical or "correct" one to get?
Model 1942 16in long,
Model 1905E1 cut down to 10in
Model M1 10in

I know I guess any of them would work but any opinions from anybody? And these for sure seem to range in prices as well and some go up to few hundred dollars. I know in a perfect world I would get all 3 but hey let's face it not there yet, haha.

Sorry for the long email but I figured a little into never hurt anybody. Any opinions would be GREATLY appreciated and once again thanks for all the great posts on this great forum.

Thanks
Haris
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.