Greetings gentlemen,

I recently (yesterday) purchased a 1910 Carl Gustafs Swedishicon Mauser from one of my preferred gun shops. I would like some input on whether I paid too much for it.

First a description . . . stock is very good, with just a bit of cosmolineicon still in it. Bluing I would call "90%". Serial numbers on all parts are matching EXCEPT butt plate, and a barrel band is force-matched. Ramrod also is not matching. My thinking is that all the "working" parts on the rifle are matching, which I am happy with. Alas, it has two small screw holes drilled into the back of the receiver - unfortunate. I don't believe this was done by a Swede armorer as they are not very pretty. The brass armorer's disc is marked "2" for bore condition (out of scale 1 to 3), bore diameter (wear) marked as "2" which I understand means minimal wear, and the "overslag" (sp) is stamped "0" which I assume means it is shooting point of aim at 100 m so no compensation required. Overall it is hard to believe this rifle is 100 years old. Very good condition.

I paid $450 for it. I have not had luck finding ones of this high quality at other gun shops, nor gun shows, and so purchased it. I did get the rifle down from $499 as it was tagged. Any feedback, good or otherwise, would be greatly appreciated. If there is any real interest I will take and post close up pics.

Cheers!
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.