I’ve been thinking about this thread for some time. I was the first responder, and felt that by offering a solution that didn’t require a gunsmith, it was understood that it would be saving him a little money. Plus, he’d have a tool that he could continue to use for as long as he “collected” carbines. And, I don’t think I was unfriendly. At least I certainly didn’t intend to be. I had no reason to be. I was as surprised as any of you at this person’s response.
I’m not one of the “old hands” from the other forum, but started lurking about the time the change-over was made. That makes me a newbie too. Did I ever think of this place as unfriendly??
Now serious thinking is a little outside of my area of expertise, but I asked myself if I ever thought “our” forum was truly unfriendly… And why, exactly did I decide on hanging out here. .
Well, first off, there wasn’t a group of guys who monopolized the conversations. But instead, there was/is quite a few of the “veterans” who were knowledgeable, and who didn’t mind passing along that info. No brow beating of newbies who asked some of the oft repeated questions. No chest beating braggadocios that I’ve seen on other spots….. Just a very measured, well thought out, respectful attitude toward each other, and their individual ideas/views. Even towards us newbies… When I asked if it might be of interest, I was even privately encouraged to do the series on Bavarian Carbines. How much more friendly can you get.
So, back to the thread in question. As far as I know, this is the first disparaging remark I’ve heard since joining nearly a year ago. I view it as simply an aberration. It does bother me some that we are thought that poorly of, but, you can’t please everybody…
My hope is that this forum will continue as before… Yep, maybe it’s a little slow for some, but while the sands of time grind exceedingly slow, they do grind exceedingly fine.

Jim Nasium
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.