Cripes - I just realized I forgot to take photos of the toe cap, which I have inlet and dressed flush to the wood. Oh well, pics of it in the next instalment. I did take pics of the nosecap install though...

Obviously, I have to feather the stock contour down to the nosecap, and I have started to, but I didn't take pics of that. The length is set so the nosecap is just behind the filets on the muzzle octagonal points. Inletting of this part is primarily done with small wood files and inletting black.

It's held on with a small M3X0.5 screw I had to make by hand as the head needs to be really thin so as not to compromise the strength of the small stock tongue the nosecap is fastened to.

Here you can see the fastening surface a little better:

In reality, the inleting is done to about 80-85% contact, but you'll note at the base of the nosecap there is some gapping on either side of the nosecap. The gap is just up by the top of the inletting where the walls of wood are very thin. This is because I lost some of that paper-thin wood when I was filing the base true. In eny event, it's not visible when the rifle is assembled