Real Name
    Doug
    Local Date
    05-06-2024
    Local Time
    07:54 PM
    My Videos in Video Club

Article: Poluatomaska Puska (PAP) M59 SKS Carbine

You can view the page at https://www.milsurps.com/content.php...59-SKS-Carbine
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

Last On
    06-04-2020 @ 06:12 PM
    Local Date
    05-06-2024
    Local Time
    06:54 PM
    Concerning the comment about "teak" on Yugoslav rifles. There is an error in the following statement from above;
    Yugoslavian SKS carbines have the following primary differences from the Russianicon SKS45:
    1) Stock woods are Elm, Beech or Teak (Russian guns wear either Birch or laminate wood)
    The reference to Teak wood being used on Yugoslav rifles is a patent lie propagated by Mitchell's Mausers.
    In the book "Serbian & Yugoslav Mauser Rifles, The author flatly stated "There is no truth to the rumor that the Chinese firm "Norinco" stocked the M48 rifles with teak wood..." I mention this because the "teak" rumor is almost wholly applied to that rifle series. The comment holds true with all other Yugoslav rifles with one very minimal exception. Received from Branko Bogdanovic, Serbian military small arms authority in personal communications is the following information concerning teak wood on their sks rifles;
    "*There was one order for M59 (or M59/66- I forget which, J.) sks rifles from an (unspecified, J.) African nation to be stocked with teak. The African nation supplied the wood for that order and there was no surplus. No other Yugoslav rifles of any kind received such wood stocks."
    * This is taken from memory of that email. The details are correct, the wording not so much.
    I think the belief in the teak wood rumor is fueled by the use of elm for stock woods on many Yugoslav rifles. Some pieces do look remarkably like teak wood but most assuredly are not.

3. Avoid Ads - Become a Contributing Member - Click HERE
+ Reply to Thread