01-14-2024 @ 10:38 PM
    Real Name
    Nick Hetzer
    Local Date
    05-04-2024
    Local Time
    02:07 PM

Anybody collect trainers?

I have a Model 11 trainer that I have decided to get rid of. It doesn't fit my collection and it poses a problem within itself. I'll explain: It is pristine in every sense of the word. It literally looks like it just rolled off of the production line. The paper in the fore arm showing the ring set up is even perfect so it's not a new production stock. However, it has a full length barrel that is NOT military marked. The strange thing is that the barrel itself is also absolutely flawless. I broke it down and the part that slides into the receiver doesn't have so much as mark on it. No carbon staining or anything. So the condition matches which makes me believe they have been paired together for quite some time. The gentleman I bought it off of says that it has been in a safe for as long as anyone can remember in the same configuration and condition. The numbers on the barrel do not match the gun but I'm kind of at a loss as to what to do with it. I considered looking for another pristine barrel that is marked. Maybe I'll find one strapped to a unicorn as it flies over my house.
    I feel like even though it is not "correct" that these two (barrel and receiver) have obviously been together for a very long time and tell a story of their own. What would you guys do? I don't want to sell myself short on the value of the gun if I resell it as is because it is not collectible. But at the same time I feel like if I pop another barrel in it somewhere a puppy will die because of what I have done. Advice???
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

2. Thank You to nhetzer For This Useful Post: