Hi All: I have a question regarding a C-Stock on a 1903 Springfield. I believe this is a replacement stock but not sure who made it as I bought the rifle with the stock on it. I noticed a problem after I received the rifle in that the magazine follower would get caught on the very bottom edge of the receiver as it was pushing rounds up towards the chamber. I took the rifle apart, initially just the trigger guard and floor plate and noticed there were two spacers between the stock and the trigger guard and floor plate. These spacers created a gap between the top of the magazine housing and bottom of the receiver that allowed the follower to move sideways and get caught under the receiver. I removed the spacers and put the rifle together and things worked better but not great.

Tonight I took the entire rifle apart and noticed the were two more spacers between the receiver and the stock. My question is this: are there supposed to be any spacers placed between the stock and receiver or stock and floor plate/trigger guard? Thanks for any help you can offer, I am stumped by this!!!! By the way, these spacers appear to be home made..

Rick H.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.