Quote Originally Posted by DaveN View Post
Question, Why would someone go to the trouble of forging a barrel and leave off the most important stamp, the maker ie. SA,WRA, HRA, LMR,IHC. I know all are not WWII but you get my point. And I can't remember if IHC made barrels....oh I digress.
No one ever declared all fakers are Albert Einsteins. Strict Ordnance procedures are and always were to mark the drawing number and heat lot (Except WRA WW2 bbl heat lots). SA did this throughout, so did HRA , Marlin, Buffalo Arms and LMR. The dates weren't handstamped nor was the drawing number and barrel heat lot handstamped except by the fakers. A Photo of this proof lies under the rear handguard for SA WW2 barrels. If they are not there then this would be proof of what some of us already know: The barrel is a fake. Once one becomes dillilusioned and disbelieving, then the excuses become evident that what they have is an "exception." It's not. Forget the "story" that is always is offered or what some "expert" stated, just show the proof which in this case is quite easy to do.