In 1960 my Dad purchased an '03A3 thru the NRA for what I am told was $10. What he got was a S-C with a 6 L&G barrel Ser# 3610XXX. Barrel has a stamp at the muzzel 10-42. Unfortunately, in retrospect, the decision was made to make it into a sporter. Barrel was cut and crowned, restocked, and scoped. The good news is that the stock used is an R Fajen circa 1960 with the roll over cheek rest, the scope is a Redfield 6X18 on Weaver rings, all metal work was professionally done and to this day is beautiful. When I figure out how, I'll post pictures. Told by my two older brothers that this rifle is incredibly accurate.

My understanding from what I can research is that the 6 L&G barrel was part of an advance shipment to Smith-Corona, from High Standard, obtained from Savage barrel blanks, true?? Date stamp on the barrel appears to preceed the serial number date by about 3 months.

The rifle is still not completely finished. There is a 1960 era Timney strigger yet to install.

On a guess, what would something like this be worth??

I appreciate any input
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.