Does anyone plan on buying a commemorative this year? I've been reading about all the different offerings, seems everyone has a 100th available this year.

I was wanting to get one as an investment piece, but didn't really expect to - but found myself hitting the Buy It Now on a Colt a couple nights ago. The next day, I kept getting those butterfly doubts - did I do the right thing type of feelings. But now I'm excited. I've been wanting a Commemorative of some sort since last year when all the 100th birthday hype started, so I'm glad I went ahead and went for it.

This one isn't one of the fancy engraved models with a gold trigger - it's just a rather plain Jane WW2 replica with some special text on the side that qualifies it as a commemorative. It has a Series 70 firing system. I always said I'd never buy a Colt because of all the talk of how their quality as dipped over the years and you are kind of just buying the name at this point - but this is a special handgun, at a special time in it's history - and I think Colt was the way to go on this one. At least for me. This may possibly be the only Colt 1911 I'll ever buy.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.