lol, ok, I was reading Peter's trigger set up descriptions in our technical files and I see the part where keeping the striker knob from being loose/movable on the firing pin threads is important to keeping parts properly aligned and working properly.

I've just been examining and comparing how loose my various bolts are in their channels. What struck me is not so much the variables there, probably due to wear and tear over the years, some quite loose, and others like a Parker Hale target rifle with a non matched bolt but with very little side play, is the quite dramatic amount of free play in the vertical plane there is, as much a 5 times more than side play, and they're all similar, old and new, worn and un worn.

The question of the moment is that if its important to a correctly functioning trigger for the striker knob not to be loose on its threads, surely this other larger movement has a significant effect on correct trigger set up and function too?
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.