As I am currently unable to move much (except for attending a gun show this morning - not a good idea when you have a gaping surgical wound, but I digress...), I have been looking through the Skennertonicon and Stratton texts in greater depth than before, and I noticed something that has me confused (not difficult to do at the moment). Stratton mentions that Long Branch produced about 50,000 No.4 Mk.1*s from 1948 to 1956, but also states that Long Branch probably didn't make any rifles from 1951 to 1956, and the suggestion is made that they used used 1950 receivers with later barrels (e.g. rifles have been reported with 1950-dated receivers but later dated barrels). Does anyone here have such an example? Would anyone have any idea of how many rifles Long Branch may have put together from 1951 to 1956? I would assume that a LB with a 1950-dated receiver and a 1956-dated barrel would be quite an uncommon find?
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.