HALTOM CITY — Earl Davis, a World War II veteran, has vanished. His family suspects the worst.

Now, they are begging the public for help finding out what happened, if only so he can be laid to rest next to his wife.

Peggy Davis, the missing man's daughter-in-law, made a scrapbook to honor his military service. It includes stories he told her about his days in the Navy.
“He was on an aircraft carrier at first, and he saw a lot of planes leave and not come back, and he didn't like that one bit,” Davis said.
But now, the veteran's family fears there will be no more stories.

On Friday, October 7, Earl Davis withdrew money from the bank. “We’re thinking he had about five $500 to $700 cash,” said Davis’s son, Derrell Davis.
Later that day, Earl Davis went to buy scratch-off tickets near his home in Haltom City. That was the last time anyone saw him.
“He left animals at the house unattended, so it's very unusual,” said Haltom City Police Cpl. Joe Hackfeld.

At 85, Davis could still match wits with men half his age. He lived, however, with a broken heart.
A few years ago, Davis's wife, Wanda, the mother of his four children, died after years of living with Alzheimer’s. He was by her side, in their Haltom City home, when she passed away.
“That's a true love story; that's the kind they make movies about,” Peggy Davis said.

Derrell Davis believes his father was likely robbed, fought, and may not have survived the ordeal.
“I just want him… the closure. I want him to be home, and buried by my mom. That's all we want,” he said.

The family is offering a $10,000 reward for information that leads to Earl Davis. Tips can be called in to the Haltom City Police Department.
E-mail chawes@wfaa.com
Video news story at the link: http://www.wfaa.com/news/local/WWII-...132507558.html[/quote]
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.