NO Posting or PM's Allowed
    Last On
    12-19-2011 @ 04:37 PM
    Local Date
    05-04-2024
    Local Time
    03:50 PM

REISING H&R .22 Rifles

Hello all. I'm new to this site and thought I give it a try. To be straight I am associated with the heirs of Gene Reising's estate. I have been, in my limited spare time, doing research on many of his prototypes. He has contributed more than most would suspect to the firearms industry. I am focusing this discussion on .22 H&R's. I am looking for information about prototypes or any unique items and am interested in any information anyone may have. As always I am willing to share.
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

Last On
    11-27-2022 @ 11:10 AM
    Local Date
    05-04-2024
    Local Time
    01:50 PM
    Yes , I would like to know if you have any info on this modification . I believe it was done in the Marine's own facilities , but maybe they corresponded about it.
    Pics of the Reising M65 USMC
    Thanks for any help.
    Chris

3. Avoid Ads - Become a Contributing Member - Click HERE
    FREE MEMBER
    Last On
    @
    Local Date
    05-04-2024
    Local Time

Could this be a prototype?

Attachment 31048Attachment 31049Attachment 31050Hello GBERG11, I'm hoping you can tell me how I might find info about my Reising .22 Auto Pistol / Rifle. Its obviously a Reising Semi-Auto .22 Pistol, but in a very unusual configuration. It has a 20" rifle barrel, and a shoulder stock is attached at the rear of the grip. I've never seen or heard of anything like it before. I think it might be a Prototype, because, except for the four digit serial number, there are absolutely no other identifying stamps, markings or anything else anywhere on this firearm. How can I find out whether it actually is a Prototype? Everything works fine. Thanks for any help.

Sonny B., USN, Retired

FREE MEMBER
    Last On
    12-19-2011 @ 04:37 PM
    Local Date
    05-04-2024
    Local Time
    Sonny B,
    Cool example of something. I have no info about such a prototype. I have three other prototypes and two are marked with an X prefixed serial number. See attached pic. The third is the original prototype for the standard pistol. See attached pic. We have a few prototypes were Reising would use parts from other manufactures so it’s not unusual for him to build something like this. I can tell you it’s a Hartford Address gun because of where the serial number is located. No way of yet saying if Reising built it or a creative enthusiast.
    I have seen ounce a pistol with a much longer than standard barrel. I would like to hear from someone who has one.
    Glen

FREE MEMBER
    Last On
    @
    Local Date
    05-04-2024
    Local Time
    Glen, Thanks for your comments. The pistol in your photo appears to be a much earlier example than mine. Are your "Prototypes" stamped with the Reising name or address? I would be interested in knowing the approximate date of mfg of yours, as well as mine. I've always guestimated mine at around 1920 (?). I've read that H & R became involved at some point, so I wonder if mine would be more of an "H & R" than a "Reising"? I hope that you receive many more responses to your Thread. I wish you luck with finding the info you are seeking. I will be watching closely, in hopes of learning more about my firearm. Have a great week.

Sonny B.

+ Reply to Thread