I was at Bob Wards in Missoula this morning and they had one of the 1911 .22, so I bought it for $464.99 total.. (No sales tax in Montana)

It takes down just like it's grandpa. It has an odd mag safety which consists of a teat on the mag release and a matching teat on the trigger.. The mag must be in the receiver OR the mag release must be depressed to fire, interesting!!! The trigger pull was creepy and released at about 8 lbs, however since it has the same (but smaller), internal parts, this can be corrected.. The trigger is much to short for me, however I can make a new trigger for it... It is perfect for youth or small females!!!

I shot a box of CCI Mini Mags through it and found it to be accurate and reliable.. Recoil was a bit more that I had expected.. Anyway it is a FUN gun. Light and small, great for a car gun... I understand that Browning is going to offer a shorter version which should make a great pocket pistol!! Last, but not least it is made in the USAicon!!!

One last note. When I pulled the thumb safety, the plunger and plunger spring went flying across the room!!! I had to chase them down, and crimped the spring like the GI version, so be careful!!

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.