Most of the time the trigger is a solid 2 stage unit. Pull till the two lugs engage and then a crisp break and it goes the rest of the way. But once in a while it is a single stage unit. Maybe once out of 15 times?

I've the CD on this rifle and everything appears to be good. The two bumps on the trigger look new, the sear end is as shown in the book, engages well, and is crisp off the second stage, and the face of the engagement lug on the bolt looks good. The trigger guard and plate is flat but does have a very small, 1/32", downward movement when the main screw is turned in. It is a MK II bolt in it -

I've pulled the stock off it and assembled the rifle without it and every time I work the bolt and trigger it works flawlessly. I even moved the main screw up and down a bit to see if that was causing any issues and there aren't any that I can see.

I have noticed in some pictures the main screw has what appears to be a metal bushing it goes through prior to engaging the threads in the receiver.

Any ideas on this? It's one heck of a surprise when it goes single stage.

Thanks

Steve
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.