While stopping a the local pawn the other day, I asked if he had any old military guns. He brings me 2. One, a decent inland carbine with no import marks visible and a shiny bore, which I bought. The second was an SA Garandicon with a goofy scope mount and Universal scope. It didn't look right to me so I wasn't willing to fork over $1200 for it. I got to looking when I got home and realized I had better make sure it wasn't a M1C as it was a WW2 era SA serial and side mount scope. Went back today and turns out it is a 1.2 mil number or something and it has a williams mount on it (4 bolts). As I was sadly handing it back over the counter, It dawned on me that it still didn't look right. It has the mount for a D style scope mount on the barrel with the short upper handguard! I will admit my research has not been focused on sniper garands so I didn't know how to verify whether it truly is a D or not. I will go back Monday and check the barrel date/number placement, etc. But why would a person drill and tap a perfectly good D sniper that already has a mount???? There is no flash hider so I guess it is possible someone re-barreled with a D barrel? Any thoughts on what it is really worth? Thanks!
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.