Since deer season is coming soon, I went this morning to the range to do some noise and smoke.

I had my trusty .45-70 and a few other toys as well...

After reading Skinnerton's book on Britishicon snipers and Senich's on USMC Marine Scout-Snipers and reading and looking at all these nice pics in the MKLicon, I felt like giving some workout to some of my scoped/sniper milsurps.

Also I have read a few posts on P14 and M17 that are interesting.

Having said that the shooting took place at 100 yds distance sitting from the bench.
I had planned to use Fig 11 or 14 target ( Herman's torso) at 200 yds, but too many people were on the range and the politically correct is de rigueur.

So the three picks of the day were:
--P14 all Winchester original with a no gunsmith mount. The cheek rest need to be stained and was expedient taped for the time being.
--Long Branch 1950 No4 Mk1* with no gunsmith mount and glued only cheek rest. I have an Alaskan scope for her but I plan to use her for deer hunting possibly so the more powerful scope helps in making decision between antlers and no antler.
-- 1903A4 all orig.
-- Just for the sake of the argument my modern sniper rig Rem 700 .308. I like to do the drill : cold barrel shot and Know Your Limitation Test.

I had a lot of fun and sincerely any one of these 4 rifles could create havoc from near to very far....

Pics are attached and I think my best talent is not at shooting pictures unfortunately......

The head shot on the playing card figure is the Cold Barrel shot with the .308

The 3 shot group on the orange and plastered target is from the A4.

The 2 groups on the backside playing card are from:
center group P14 and upper group from LBNo4

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.