I bought this rifle a number of years ago as a shooter, but never really spent much time finding out what I had. It appears to have some of the features of a post war Czechicon build/rebuild. It seems to be a S/42G barrel and receiver. It's marked 24G155 on the right side of the barrel between the sight and receiver. I've not been able to find any reference to the meaning of that. Also, there are no crossed swords or rampant lions anywhere to be found, but the side rail is marked Ceskoslovenská Zbrojovka, A.S., BRNO. The barrel, receiver and bolt are matching. I believe the bolt was probably renumbered. The floorplate is milled and the original numbers struck out and numbered to match. It is import marked. There are Waffenampt marked parts throughout, but any Nazi proofs were scrubbed. In particular on the rear of the bolt handle.

As I dug a little deeper I found some curious marking that I hadn't noticed before.
What I thought was just a ding, maybe a rune?

I was never able to clearly make out what this was, until I took a picture of it. A skull perhaps?

A new sling attachment point was welded on to the milled band and the original was ground off. I'd like to replace this.

The trigger is light and crisp. Not at all like the Yugoicon M48BO I have. Once I got it cleaned, the bore was in great shape. Very bright, no pitting at all with deep grooves. I would guess it had hardly been fired.

I'm not trying to pass this off as anything special, I'm just curious. In fact I was thinking of putting a repro mount and scope on it. I guess I just want to sure I don't have a collector piece before I go and alter it.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.