Morning Gents. Our range is holding a 200 yard military bolt gun match soon and the 200 range is ONLY open for competitions so I don't get the opportunity to actually zero at that range in advance. I can only use the 100 range to prepare. On a No.4 Rear sight, if I zero at 100 yards with 174gr 303, is there a set number of clicks upwards to hit 200 yards? I'm using a 6 inch black at 100 and it would be a 12 inch black at 200 so how does the 3 inch above point of aim become 6 inches? I do not have good enough eyes to use a center hold so I have use a 'dot the I' sight picture. is there any magic formula here? One additional question. I was shooting a no.4 at 50 yards this weekend and the rear sight was set at 400 yards or so. Is there a known distance of intersection for standard 174gr .303 through an Enfield ? (like using an AR where a .223 zero for 50yards also hits thereabout at 200yards) .
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.