Hello,

I'd like to share some photos of a rather uncommon 1911 imported by Haiti in 1939.

The pistol is all original and shows the expected wear from tropical service in the Caribbean. The pistol is still mechanically sound including the original magazine and barrel.

The only information I've been able to find on this pistol to date is on Page 154 of Charles Clawson's well known book 'Colt .45 Government Models'. On this page, Clawson states:

"The Republic of Haiti imported 50 pistols in 1939 roll marked GARDE D'HAITI."

This is a recent purchase that mysteriously came out of Canadian estate. How this pistol ended up in Canadaicon I have no idea. Since acquiring the gun I haven't been able to find any other surviving examples. I'm searching for any information on this pistol and any other known surviving examples.

The most important detail:

Matching numbered slide, lots of grease on the firing pin and firing pin retaining wall:

The pistol still has rather strong condition internally. The barrel is still in rather nice shape, with correct markings and polished hood:

Two-tone pinned base 'COLT 45 AUTO' magazine that I believe is original to the pistol:

Any information on this pistol would be greatly appreciated. Any comments are also welcome.

Thanks,
-Steve
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.