I recently bought a "Jap. Type 30" (rifle) from a vendor at a local gun show. When I got home, I was surprised to learn it was for "blank ammunition only" (receiver marking). I had not considered the possibility of finding an unadvertized trainer. It is, apparently, one of the 10,000 Type 30 rifles converted to a training rifle with a smooth bore. (I had checked the bore-no pits; and I mistakenly thought I saw rifling.) Condition-wise, it looks to be in G-VG condition: metal bluing intact, wood with several dings/gouges and cracked handguard, with brass-tipped cleaning rod, two-piece buttstock, four digit serial number. I had wanted a firing rifle, though a training exemplar does fill a gap for the Type 30 model of Arisakaicon. I paid $300. (I use C&R Buds prices to help guide purchases.) In general, what is a training model worth in comparison to a firing model? Any comments welcomed. Howard L
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.