I just purchased a Smith Corona SN 48007XX with an SC 10-43 Barrel, the only markings are as follows, the bolt handle has a smallish "x" on top and a large "1" on the bottom , the extractor has a large "S' on the bottom , the front sight base has a "G" on the right side , the stock has the F JA and crossed cannon on the left side, also a square 12 ,triangle 4, circle 5, and a diamond 8 forward of the trigger assembly, there is also an "E" at the very end of the stock where it houses the upper band. I spent the good part of the day removing the cosmolineicon , I could not take the rifle completely apart for fear of stripping the rear trigger guard screw which would not budge. The seller claims it was from an estate . My question is it one of those rebuilds by Gibbs or the ones SARCO or AIM sells ? The price I paid was $605.00 I am no expert. But it looks pristine and unused. I am happy either way yet the more I look the more I believe it might be an original. I have not fired it yet(Bad weather) I am interested in your input . I can try to post better pictures if needed.

Here is the gunbroker link to the auction :
Smith-Corona 03-A3, Very nice : Bolt Action Rifles at GunBroker.com
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.