Well, I decided to go up the hill and go plinking in the woods tomorrow. There is an advantage to being less than 1/2 hour from the Tahoe National Forest!

The Saiga AKM retro build, I want to shoot it for the first time since I "restored it" to intended condition. I should not have to adjust the zero at all, as I did not mess with barrel or sights. I had it dialed in absolutely dead nuts on. I'll probably just do some snap shooting of pop cans, off-hand.

The SP1 carbine clone, I need to sight in with my MK262 MOD1 ammo. For now, I'll do a 25 yard sight-in for a 50/250 yard zero with both iron and red dot sights. Then I'll do some pop can bouncing with it too. I'll use my 55 grn FMJBT reloads for that! Damn MK262 is too expensive to plink with, even though I got a deal on it last year at $0.60 a round. I'll dial it in all the way next time I get to a regular range.

Being behind enemy lines in The Peoples Republik of Kalifornistan, I decided to run the AR with a bullet button and the AK with the mag-lock, and just use 10 rounders for two reasons. One, I really want to enjoy the feel of shooting them with the pistol grips. The second reason is, I don't know how knowledgeable the local USFS LEO is. I know he is new, but don't know anything else. Rest assured, though, both will be back to California compliant "Featureless" with Solar Tactical paddles and 30 round mags, as soon as I get home.

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.