I bought a firing pin for my Vetterli 6.5 conversion and it arrived yesterday. Attempted to install it today and it was not listed correctly and is for the non-conversion cartridge.

It has two/three issues that I can see. The bottom protrusion has two thin extenders on the bottom which prevents it from riding in the bolt rail. The tip is too thick to fit through the hole in the bolt end. I've also read they are longer than the correct pin.

It looks like something that could easily be converted but if it can't I obviously don't want to mess up this pin so it can't be used by someone else.

It also makes no sense to me that they would change out the bottom guide rail on these to convert them.

In any case, step one would be to get the pin through the bolt hole by reducing the pin diameter, step two to get the correct length of the pin by shortening it and step three to grind off the slide protrusions so it fits in the rail guide.

Please let me know if this is feasible.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.