I am fairly certain that this started life as a "wartime commercial" model in 7.63 and later converted to 9mm (probably by a Brit) since it has the 1000 Meter adjustable sight (900 meter is omitted). The barel has been cut to 4" as well. I have never been a fan of the safeties on the 2nd variant (you have to physically pull the hammer back a bit when cocked and manipulate the safety with your other hand) but it is not like I will carry it in the field anyway.

A few interesting things about it (at least to me)
  • Grips carry a previous serial number but this has been lines out and the correct numbers stamped inside the panels
  • The barrel appears to have been cut just forward the receiver and a 9mm barrel section fabricated on (see pics with line traveling the diameter of the barrel and difference in finish between barrel and receiver)
  • The pistol is numbers matching and Britishicon Proofed, but not import marked for the U.S. (I believe the English proofs show it being exported in the 1960's)
  • The barrel is exceptional (as a replacement should be)
  • Although the pistol exhibits the typical "British Dip" the safety and trigger seem to have been spared from this hideous finish and still wear their "fire blue"
  • The holster has numerous names on it, "JUNY (or JUNG) 6/2/38" and "HAUG" a mystery I am sure that is lost to time, it is also missing its belt loops

I replaced all springs in it and ran 50 rounds through it and it functioned properly and was significantly accurate (shot high on the lowest setting until I moved out to 50 yards.

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.