Today @ 05:27 AM
    Real Name
    CINDERS
    Local Date
    05-06-2024
    Local Time
    05:32 AM

The M-4 Sherman

I watched a Utube vid last night on a Frenchicon crewed Sherman that had taken a hit to the front of the turret by an 88mm it was nasty as can be.
    I am not going to post the link as it is very graphic in content an in respect of the two crew members that perished when the A.P round got inside the turret, they had to get them out.
    A chap wrote a book on the Sherman and its flaws and really to sum it up it went sorta like Patton wanted a medium fast tank the essence was in speed and more speed to exploit.....

He then goes on to say the early 75mm guns we pretty useless past 600m against the Tiger and Panther even then it had to be a flank attack. Whereas the former could take out a Sherman at 2000m. There must be a reason why the thought pattern was on that route as to send troops in with inferior gear is criminal, was it to shorten the war by flooding the defenses! All I feel is empathy for those poor tankers knowingly going in against Germanicon armor and realizing their survivability was pretty much zero if the A.P did not get you the resultant fire would. This is why I cherish each day of the Western worlds freedom which allows me to do this to understand by the bravery of those poor fellows
    But I will post this link;
    https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&r...jaATaSpD4WSAZg
    Information
    Warning: This is a relatively older thread
    This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.

2. The Following 6 Members Say Thank You to CINDERS For This Useful Post: