In one of the other threads there was mention of un-molested Turkishicon rifle are getting hard to find, hum. I've got a 1938 style mauser dated 1942 that very much appears to be as-issued. The stock is old Turkish walnut, has the dark swirling grain just like you pay the big bucks for. The screws in the butt stock are brass, all the numbers match, bore is mint, bluing is around 95%, there is some handling marks in the stock but not bad and it has the firing pin take down ring in it. I would assess that the gun has only been disassembled a very few times and not in the last 25+ years. I have used these actions for years to build fat barrel guns and they come out real nice, but, when I got this one it was to nice to chop-up. Now I'm feeling guilty! Would you fellow consider this one a keeper and is there a way to find out if it has been re-built other than a visual inspection? Many Thanks-SDH
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.