Quote Originally Posted by pocketshaver View Post
well if you do ever get out and about, you should spend some time online with something called google looking at shooting videos that people have made using old surplus rifles. The world considers the 91/30 to have crappy iron sights, yet there are some shooting videos where people do the "impossible" act of shooting targets past 800 yards with them, AND surplus Russianicon ammunition. Not a combination known for long range accuracy.

the greatest superiority of the 7x57 is the case itself, a lot smaller overall then the 303 inch is.
Yes... Pulling off a well aimed shot, taking your time at a remarkable distance can be done with just about any garbage rod. You're talking well aimed shots, I'm not. I'm talking combat, where at 800 yards of separation and seconds to act, doesn't matter what magic bullet you have... Especially if the target is visible for only seconds, which any trained soldier knows not to stick their head above the trenches for too long.

7x57... Means 57mm of case length... 303 Brit is 56mm of case... Not sure I understand what you mean by smaller.