Click here to increase the font size Click here to reduce the font size

Threaded View

Last On
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Local Date
    05-09-2024
    Local Time
    05:07 AM
    spent several evenings this past weak soaking parts that weren't originally blued in evaporust overnight and cleaning them up. Today's goal was then to figure out how it all goes together in order to make sure sure I had everything. Well, I certain it is all servicable, but I am missing a couple minor parts.
    - The top-lever tension spring I already mentioned. I have what I think will work from the older crass model on the way from Numrich. No big deal. There is some backlash in the top lever with out it, but is of no consequence
    - I'm missing the trip pin and flat trip spring, which locks the top lever to the right when opening, and automatically release to lock when closing. I think I can make these myself pretty easily.
    - I'm missing the safety bar and the safety T-bar which make the thumb safety work, and automatically engages the safety as the hammers cock during opening. This doesn't affect safely shooting or test firing from a bench, but I would never carry it loaded afield without. I have a picture of what I need. The T-bar I can make easily enough. The safety bar has some bends in it. I would need some measurements from someone to make one.

That's it! all else is in working and serviceable order. The main spring install threw me for a loop last night and all morning. But once that was figure out, it's all actually pretty simple.

Some pitting on the underside receiver to polish out. I'll 3d print some special sanding blocks to preserve the edges and contours. Now that it's stable and no longer deteriorating, I will likely take my time to finish it, given the couple missing parts and all.

2. Thank You to ssgross For This Useful Post: