Does anyone on here know how Remington marked their Mk.1* P-14's? I am attempting to "re-build" one. A book here by Charles Stratton says they were marked on the action and the extractor when modified with the lengthened left bolt lug. But this "R" has an "asterisk" on the action, and then an "asterisk" on the bolt handle - immediately below the serial number on the bolt handle which matches to the action's serial number. The serial number on the bolt handle, and the asterisk, are on the top face of the bolt handle, near the bolt body - so you would see them when the rifle was assembled - the "R" on the bolt handle is on the bottom of the handle - which might be less obvious to see.

As I found with several of these things, each of the three makers seemed to place their maker's mark at different locations on the similar part - so because you find an "E" in one place, is not usually were the "W" is, on a nearly identical part.

So, I guess I am asking if there is such a thing as a P-14 extractor - marked as made by "R", with a "star" showing on the exterior of it? Or am I wasting my time to look for one?