I am a newcomer to the forum. I signed up a while ago but have just become a contributing member. I have a No.4 Mk.2 and have just acquired a Central sight with a universal mounting plate with a Leverlock screw and a simple one hole iris. I have an adapter on its way so I can fit my Gehmann adjustable iris.

To cut to the chase, I suspect that my Central sight questions might have been answered already but there is so much information on the website that even using the search function returns more posts and threads than one can easily deal with. It also seems to be very easy to lose a thread/post and not find it again!

On one post I found the following:

The very basic way to find out what a "click" is worth on any sight is simply to count the clicks for 5 MoA which is the distance between two of the engraved lines on the sight face, 10 clicks = 1/2 MoA 20 clicks = 1/4 MoA.”

My question is: is it not possible to determine which type of sight you have by the total number of clicks per revolution of each knob? I'd have thought that, as a manufacturer, it would have been easier to increase/decrease the number of detent cuts/divots in the underside of the knobs than to provide different threading on the adjusters with all that that entails.

Incidentally, are the 1/3 MoA adjusters just used with the 7.62 sights?

I'm also curious as to how the adjusters are held in position as I have not found signs of cross pins through the frames beneath the knobs to prevent the adjusters moving away from the posts when “unscrewing”.

Any info on these three points would be of great interest, thank you.

Bob