Hey guys,

My Marine/Navy M1903 Christmas rifle is fine, but needed a few small parts for function, not restoration, that's ok but I don't restore.

Got a coupla' fine screws from Numrich and a floorplate. Well the floorplate is blued. The rest of the rifle has one hundred percent fine park. Figure it wasn't issued after rework and maybe sold through the old DCM or whatever.

It came with a nasty "Booger" handguard and will soon have a fine NOS Remington one that I got from Bill Ricca. Tung oil is curing as I write this. Color match will be very close. Will post photos when I am done.

Anyway, I would like to find a NOS or very fine dark parked TG floorplate. With what I like to call a #600 grit feel to the finish, that would match my TG perfectly. Anyone have a source for a GI floorplate as described, or maybe one that you would be willing to part with?

Certain good GI '03 parts are hard to come by. The NOS milled trigger guard was hard to find, had to replace the stamped one the rifle came with as it was bent and didn't allow the fifth round to feed.

Lancebear
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.