Here's my Longbranch No.4 Mk1 *

Been sitting in the safe for a while and a month ago I decided to clean it up a little.
The rifle had excellent potential as a 1949 model it didn't see much use, possibly mounties or such. The worst marks the timber had were vice armourers marks near the receiver, the blue on the barrel was perfect, only slight scrapes on the mag and trigger guard.

Stripped the rifle and carefully sanded back anything offensive, over this a very careful layer of french polish was applied. (diluted shellac solution I think)

Cleaned up the but plate, trigger guard and mag with some fresh blue and am pretty happy with the result.

Barrel and bolt are like new and after some tender loving care the completed unit looks like a commercial rifle.

I'll probably will cop comments from those who never sand and god forbid use polish, but it's not overdone and I think will serve many years at the range, possibly hunting also.

Also added with the photos is the Australianicon AIA No.4 T model (which has just been sold to a mate) this is a new 308 version full wood and a nice unit also. Had nowhere else to post it so I thought here is as good as anything.

The Longbranch is dark brown and the AIA is light teak.

Comments?

Attachment 5279Attachment 5280Attachment 5281Attachment 5282Attachment 5283Attachment 5284
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.