O.K. , after living with this 7 or 8 years, I've decided I want to fix the problem. I'm coming to this forum because I believe the most knowledgeable people are here and hopefully will offer guidance.
I have a semi-auto Mk II built by Historic Arms. It's a wonderful build except somewhere, something got a little off. The result is that the front sight is .12 inch to the left in order to be on target at 100 yards. I spoke to Len about this shortly after I got the gun and never got a resolution.
Here's what I've thought about doing. Someone please tell me if I'm nuts.
First, messing with the receiver doesn't sound a good idea. I'm not willing to risk ruining it to correct a problem which some people wouldn't consider a problem.

I have 3 Mk II barrels, 2 which I have moved the front sight to the left after test firing. The other one I have left centered as a control so I don't believe the barrels are bent. When all three barrels are mounted, in turn, there is no play in the mount.

My proposed solution is to move the rear aperture to the left an equal amount which would allow the front sight post to be centered. I wonder if the aperture block could be heated enough to allow the metal be stretched the .12 needed.

So what do you guys think? Am I being too anal over nothing or am I totally wrong in my thinking. I want to keep the stock appearance but I would really like to quit looking at a cocked up front sight.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.