When I seen this particular Mk II it struck a cord in me it was like a light bulb had been turned on as I thought it looked dam familiar and was possibly one of three helmets that is thought to have came out of a crate that was found in the US a number of years back .
Two of which were acquired by a friend and fellow collector and his companion while they were traveling in the USAicon I knew the third helmet had found it's way into the market place and had disappeared into a collection overseas till it resurfaced a few months back.
We all have what we would consider as are Grail helmet the one helmet that as a collector you would move heaven and earth to acquire This particular example is a 1943 dated C.L./C. ( The Canadianicon Motorlamp Company ) steel lot batch 103 it is sporting a 1942 dated VMC liner in a size of 6 3/4 and has a nicely C-/l\ stamped chinstrap..The white circlets do show definate yellowing age and discoloration with a few small nicks ,scratches and scuffs in the paint and the light tell tale signs of helmet stacking on the one side as it would appear that another helmet had rested upon it for some time.
Attachment 66485
Attachment 66489
Attachment 66487
Attachment 66488
Attachment 66483
Attachment 66482
Attachment 66484
Attachment 66486
Attachment 66490
The period image shown below just recently came to light and it does indeed support the four panel was worn by Canadians in the ETO it was taken in Groningen, Verlengde Oosterstraat on Sunday 15 April 1945, Pte A Monette gives a Groningen girl her first original Virginia cigarette she has had in a long time it is thought that the regiment was the Fusiliers Mont-Royal, as there are more images that were taken on the same day and street of that regiment
Attachment 66481
Regards Mark
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.