A few months back I got a sportered 1903A4 (not sure why anyone would hack one up).

The receiver, bolt, mount and possibly the barrel are all original A4, but have been so polished and deeply blued that I doubt that it makes much sense to try and re-mil it back to original condition.

However, I can put it in a military stock and put a vintage scope on it and shoot it in the "sniper class" of a local military silhouette match. Because it is so obviously no longer original, I've decided to use a new stock. There seems to be a good selection of newly manufactured 03A3 stocks out there and wonder if anyone has any experience that they can share with the new stocks from CMPicon, SARCO, DuPage, Numerich, Collector's Source or Boyd's. I'm particularly interested in opinions on fitting and overall quality.

I've fired it in it's present condition and with Federal power shock ammo,it shoots about 1 MOA or so. Is that likely to change in a properly bedded military stock?

Thanks, guys
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.