Hi there everybody. I have a mauser k98. The rifle says ax 41 on the receiver which I believe was made at the ERMA factory in 1941. On the left side of the receiver, near the stock, there is the number 2302 with a lowercase "e" under it. The stock also has the number 2302 on the left side behind the bolt disassembly hole. On the right side of the reveiver, there are three eagle-like characters with the number 280 underneath. These three marks are in a row. Also, on the right side of the rifle, underneath the rear sight, there are two WaA655 markings. On the safety lever, the number 7286 is visible. On the rear of the firing pin cover of the bolt, there is another lowercase "e" with the number 8387. On the top side of the ring of the bolt, there is the number 22847 and on the underside of the bolt handle is the number that is double stamped and I cannot read it because it is too blurry. Also on the rear sight base, there is the number 2240. The floorplate of the gun has the number 3506, the front barrel band is numbered 7877 on the left and WaA63 on the right. The rear barrel band is only numbered 5776 and the buttplate is numbered 572 with a lowercase "h" underneath it and another eagle-like character clutching a 26. These are all the marks I can find. I would like to know if it is matching, my guess would be that it's not because of the wide array of numbers. I would appreciate any help you could offer. Sorry, I'm a newbie and I need some help to understand all of these markings Thanks again for the help.
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.