Way back when I was a lot younger I worked in a gun shop. I found an add in shotgun news for a Mouser rifle at a very low price. With the boss's OK I used the shops FFL to order one.
After the agonizing wait (I hate waiting) it arrived. What I found is shown in the photo attached to this post. I was happy with it. But some what leery about shooting it. So in the safe it went. Time passed I got marred to a woman that was kind of cool toward guns. Not get rid of them but not encouraging either. Got out of that marriage found a better one and marred her. Much better all the way around. She is very supportive of my interest in firearms. At a friends engorgement I got the Mauser out of the safe and had a smith look it over. He declared it safe. A box of shells and a trip to a range later I found I like to shoot it. With the 145 gran reloads it was a delight to shoot. Seemed to shoot well when I got it on target. I knew what the problem was with the first shot. The front sight was way off to the right. It was like this when I received the rifle. I had wondered if it was that far out of line. Thankfully it is not. That just leaves me with how to adjust it. I tried light tapping with a non marring hammer to no effect. Any ideas?
It is chambered in 7X57. I also think it was made in Brazilicon.
Have a look at the photos.
Mel W.Attachment 13897Attachment 13896Attachment 13898Attachment 13899
Information
Warning: This is a relatively older thread
This discussion is older than 360 days. Some information contained in it may no longer be current.